Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dirty Dishes


Dirty Dishes! One of the most mundane, boring chores that exsists. But, when you only have 2 people sharing an apartment, it should not really be an issue. If you see dishes need done, do them. If you see clean dishes, put them away. There is nothing more frustrating than seeing a sinkful of dishes waiting to be cleaned... especially when you have a dishwasher!!! Thats right we have a dishwasher! I must admit that when we decided to share an apartment, he said "I hate doing dishes". I thought thats why he picked an apartment with a DISHWASHER. Ok, now I mention to him that we need to share this duty( he hates when I "complain" or "bitch" about things), and I recieve a note the next day that reads: I would have run the washer, but I don't know how.

HAHA!!! Now, how can I be mad at that? Well, he is Bulgarian!

P.S. If anyone else does not know how to use a dishwasher, let me know.

6 Comments:

Blogger djshawn said...

Its funny.... I actually wrote this post on an earlier date.... and since then I have slowed down on doing dishes..... it sucks!

5:39 PM  
Blogger misserose said...

here's the ticket:

after you're done with a dish, put it directly in the dishwasher. if you'd less likely put it in because it needs rinsing, opt for putting it in with chucks rather than putting it in the sink... because you know if you put it in the sink, it may never come out.

the hard part is, who will empty the clean dishes when they're done.

this is where you might have to put the smack down on your roomate if he doesn't do his share of putting away.

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawn, sorry for entering at your private place this way, but... You know, it's ok to complain about things, but there is no necessary to be sarcastic. Because the Bulgarian might not know how to run the dishwasher, but he is kind and tolerant for so much more important things, isn't he? This is part of being a Bulgarian too, by the way... Remember this next time when some american friend of yours let's you down and shows no understanding and tolerance for your situation at all...

Of course, you might just be joking... Forgive me if so. But I am allowed not to have sense of humor or enough intelligence to understand you - I am a Bulgarian too, after all...

6:28 PM  
Blogger djshawn said...

Aleks,
I had no intention of making anyone look bad, but it is my right to be sarcastic on my own blog. My roommate new I was kidding, and if you read my first comment on here, you would know it was not a big deal. On the other hand, any private information you know about me from him.... you should keep to yourself.

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you gave me real e-mail, Shawn, because I sent you my answer on it.

2:54 AM  
Blogger Abigail Alexis~ said...

I realy like your blog. I don't have a ton of time for blogging these days, but will be back to read more, and leave more comments. :) AB

P.S. thanks for stopping by my blog.

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home